BMW Motorrad UK
Driving consistent national and local customer engagement
- National website visits boosted by 73%
- Dealer websites visits boosted by 37%
- 99.99% website uptime
In 2009, EMO, a Bristol based marketing agency engaged us to supply a multi-website content management system and national and dealer websites for BMW Motorrad UK. To support the launch of their new superbike, the BMW S 1000 RR, BMW Motorrad UK needed a website solution to provide national and local dealership support for the launch and to help re-launch BMW as a serious bike brand.
They required a system to give them and their dealer network, the tools to effectively update their websites and communicate with current and future customers. The solution had to be on-brand, but flexible enough to allow their strongly independent dealers the freedom they demanded to make their websites their own. Each dealership, whilst operating under the BMW brand, had their own unique identity which they were keen not to lose. BMW Motorrad UK also required a system that allowed for a Quality Assurance work flow process for specified content created by their dealer network before publication.
How we did it
We provided the following products and services.
- Website design and build
- Multi-website content management platform
- Quality Assurance Content Approval
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Hosting, maintenance & technical support
- 3rd party application integration & management
- Account Management
- Project Management
- Reporting & Analytics
Utilising our Changing Pages multi-website CMS platform we designed and built the BMW Motorrad UK national website and 35 dealer websites in line with BMW Corporate Identity guidelines and provided a Content Management System for the national and dealership websites.
Key features included:
- Bike manager - BMW Motorrad UK have control over bike data (prices, specifications, brochures, images and multimedia downloads). Local dealerships begin with this content and are permitted to alter certain details.
- National and dealer news managers - Enabling the creation and posting of news articles including images and multimedia
- Banner manager – Enabling the creation of bespoke web banners by dealers and publication of national brand campaign banners onto all dealer websites in a single update
- Multi-domain - The national UK website and 35 dealership websites are designed to share the same web architecture using a predefined template system allowing for design consistency
- Content sharing - Core content, such as bike prices and specifications is shared between the National and Dealer websites enabling updates and additions to be made in a single location and applied to multiple websites.
- Quality assurance workflow - BMW Motorrad UK can preview, check and approve content generated by the dealer network before it is published onto their websites. This is used to ensure finance examples, terms and conditions and even just copy is correct, legal and on-brand.
- Skinning - Motorcycle dealerships are passionate about biking and are particularly passionate about their chosen colours. A number of different colour schemes were implemented - not just a surface change, but deep down root and branch changes to every aspect of the website and CMS.
- Themes - A number of different colour schemes were implemented - not just a surface change, but deep down root and branch changes to every aspect of the website and CMS.
The project ran from launch in 2010 until project completion in March 2015.